Why Join TUSTP? 䯰 Twenty
UNIVERSITY SEPARATION TECHNOLOGY PROJECTS
Summary of capabilities of TUSTP
and benefits that TUSTP offers to
current and prospective members:
- TUSTP is Pioneer and leader in developing compact separators for field applications. The goal of TUSTP is to advance the state-of-the-art of separation technology.
- There are nine deliverable software from TUSTP - GLCC Steady-state, GLCC Transient, LLCC, Hydrocyclone, Slug Damper and Gas/Liquid Flow Pattern, Oil/water flow pattern prediction, Horizontal Pipe Separators (HPS) code, dp/dl Oil-Water codes. In addition to these software TUSTP also releases special subroutines, GLCC Design document and Programming Guidelines / Software standards.
- ew release of these software are delivered every 6 months to members incorporating new research and development results.
- Active TUSTP web site (www.tustp.org) provides the most up to date information on compact separation technology. It has features such as field applications, publications search, downloading of publications, MS Thesis and Ph.D. Dissertation, and discussion board, and other details.
- Since the inception of TUSTP in 1994, more than 4500 GLCCs have been implemented in the field successfully. The GLCC technology is undergoing exponential growth.
- Continuous support of members in running the computer code and field applications for two-phase and three-phase separation.
- Support numerous applications in petroleum, chemical and minerals industries.
- Several major oil companies have experience with the technology. Chevron, Texaco, PDVSA, Shell, ExxonMobil, Saudi Aramco, PEMEX, UNOCAL, Conoco, ARCO, Petrobras, Ecopetrol, BP, etc.
- Several vendor companies offer GLCC and/or GLCC integrated systems.
- Through external funding, TUSTP is able to leverage 30~50 fold the annual membership of each member company.
- Numerous, high quality, experienced students have been through the TUSTP program and are returning to home offices with GLCC application expertise.
- At any given point of time TUSTP faculty and students have a combined experience in excess of 125 years.
- TU personnel have developed industry short courses on GLCC and control that have been taught in Venezuela, Colombia, Mexico, India, USA, Indonesia, Ecuador, etc.
- TU personnel have successfully completed several consulting services on multiphase flow, compact separators, conventional separators, separation systems, control systems design, slug dissipation models, Analysis of process and instrumentation diagrams (P&ID), development of universal dispersion models for different separation components, etc. for companies such as Chevron, CPI, Shell, ExxonMobil, Jiskoot Inc., NATCO, Systems Measurement Services, PDVSA, ARCO, UNOCAL, ONGC, Saudi Aramco, Schlumberger, Texaco, etc.
- The GLCC technology is being introduced to undergraduate Petroleum engineers in at least 2 universities.
- The GLCC is an order of magnitude smaller, cheaper, and most often clearly superior to conventional separation alternatives.
- Sizing and performance predictions are at a level unsurpassed by any other separation technology currently available.
- GLCC got its start as a "technology of last resort" called upon when other options were ruled out. Now the GLCC is becoming the "technology of first choice", i.e., the first option or standard of comparison in evaluating alternatives for new applications. GLCC is used as a de-facto standard for CNOOC operations.
- TUSTP team has developed unique expertise in Mechanistic modeling of multiphase flow and Rheological Characterization of oil/water dispersions.
- TUSTP members have access to TUSTP flow loop at significantly subsidized rates.